Thursday, April 14, 2011

Rock 'N' Roll Road Trip.

U2 ticket stub coaster, from Blue Order.






















"Elvis with Parrot" acrylic on canvas, from Aaron Reichert.
























Print (from Radiohead lyrics), from The Big Harumph.




















"Marina Towers" print, from Chasing The Light.
























Many of my favorite road trips were inspired by music:

1. U2, Charlotte. A 6-hour drive in heavy rain. The best concert I've ever witnessed. I got so hot that I ditched my sweatshirt inside the arena. I also took a 2-minute leak in to an overflowing toilet.

2. Graceland, Memphis. A 15-hour drive that ended with an overnight stay in a Wal-Mart parking lot. Fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches definitely helped our weariness the next morning.

3. Radiohead, Washington, D.C. A 2-hour drive (again, in pouring rain) that unfortunately ended in a canceled concert. However, we had the best 8-hour, Georgetown shopping experience the next day.

4. Wilco, Chicago. The cover of "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" inspired this particular (post-break-up) 14-hour road trip. My heartbreak was cured with a Cubs game, lots of beer, and the best hot dog I've ever eaten.

Part of our extended "Road Trip" series. More finds (and memories) from the road, all this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment