Thursday, July 14, 2011

Favorite Vintage Find #2 - The Whiskey Label Lot.

I love drinking whiskey. I love taking in the smell of a freshly poured glass of whiskey, on the rocks (just 1 ice cube, please). It's actually quite relaxing--and enjoyable.

Labels, lots and lots of labels.


























On a recent trip to the Oregon coast, Jody and I visited a local antique mall (surprisingly void of shoppers). After a few minutes of private perusing, we happened upon a huge lot of unused, vintage whiskey labels. I was instantly drawn to how amazingly cool the fonts and colors were:


































































I scooped up the entire lot and happily paid the modest asking price. Honestly, I had no idea what I was going to do with them. But they were simply too beautiful to pass up. And when it comes to vintage finds, I go with my gut.

Eventually, I sold them all through my Etsy shop. I was sad to see them go. If I ever find more, I'm keeping them. Aside from being extremely collectible, they'd make great little framed art pieces.

Do you have a favorite vintage item that you've lost (or sold) over the years?

No comments:

Post a Comment